Job Title: Business Development Manager – Commercial
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Salary: £40,000 plus benefits
We are working in partnership with a national charity seeking to appoint a new Business Development Manager – Commercial to develop and increase income from advertising, sponsorship and commercial partnerships. The role has a strong focus on generating sponsorship and exhibitor income from the charity’s conferences and advertising revenue from the jobs board.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a business development role with clear transferable skills
- Proven track record of securing advertising income and/or conference exhibition sales or similar
- Experience of managing a budget and achieving agreed income targets
- Experience of communicating easily with a wide range of audiences on a face-to-face basis as well as by post, telephone and by any other appropriate methods
- Experience of performing market research and competitor analysis
- Experience of inspiring and winning the confidence and trust of clients with ease
- Knowledge of online marketing and advertising techniques
- An understanding of public relations and marketing initiatives with particular reference to sponsorship and sales promotions
The charity is seeking a self-motivated individual with the ability to work both alone and as a member of a small team. You will demonstrate creativity, determination, tenacity and persuasiveness.
If you feel you have the drive and passion to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV in a word document, with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1496.
Closing date for applications: 5 March 2018
First interview date: 7 March 2018
Second interview date: 12 March 2018