Location: Homebased with flexibility for travel
We are working in partnership with PSC Support, a charity that improves the lives of people affected by the rare, autoimmune liver disease, primary sclerosing cholangitis.PSC Support provides much needed information and emotional support for patients and their families, and advocates for better liver healthcare services for patients.
The new Chief Executive will provide inspirational leadership to PSC Support in the next stage of the charity’s development.Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will be accountable for the performance, management, development and sustainability of PSC Support and the championing of their work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· A track record in strategic fundraising and meeting challenging income targets
· Excellent financial literacy and ability to interpret financial data and to create, manage and monitor budgets at project and organisational level
· Ability to think strategically, contributing to the direction of the organisation through developing and leading the strategic plan, and managing risk effectively
· Strong experience of working in the voluntary sector (preferably health-related) in a senior role
· Ability to coach, motivate and inspire teams, staff and volunteers to effectively manage and support high performance
You will show visionary qualities in your management style.A well-developed ability to persuade and influence key stakeholders is essential and you should be able to always demonstrate your empathy and enthusiasm for the work of the charity. Ability to coach, motivate and inspire teams, staff and volunteers to effectively manage and support high performance.The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the charity sector.Act as an advocate for PSC Support and develop positive and beneficial relationships with media, charities and organisations, fundraising bodies and corporate partners.The successful candidate will promote and adhere to the core values which inform every aspect of their services, policies and practices: having a transparent, collaborative approach, involving and valuing the contribution of patients, and being tenacious in the pursuit of a curative treatment for PSC.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
For more information, please contact Sandra Smith, Associate Director, at Charisma Charity Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01962 813300.Applications should be submitted via the Charisma Charity Recruitment website and include your CV and supporting statement.
Closing date for applications:10 January 2022
First Interview date with Charity:20 January 2022
Second interview date with Charity: 25 January 2022