Our client, Emmaus Hertfordshire, is a homelessness charity providing formerly homeless people, known as Companions, with a safe home environment and the opportunity to work.
The charity is seeking a new Community Support Worker to manage all activities relating to the welfare, care and development of the Companions in the Emmaus Community and the wider community at large. This exciting and challenging role will suit someone who enjoys working with a diverse range of people. You should be comfortable managing people and budgets, happy to build links with housing benefit departments and commissioning services, and you should be a good team player who is adept as solving problems.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of working with, and relating to, a diverse range of people, including a caseload of vulnerable adults
· Strong leadership and people management skills, coupled with the ability to enable and empower and to remain calm under pressure
· Knowledge and understanding of homelessness issues
· Experience of working with mental health, drug and alcohol issues
· Belief in the potential of each individual, whilst assessing appropriate referrals that enhance the Community and the business
· The confidence to take on and resolve difficult issues and make difficult decisions
· Knowledge of data protection
You will be a team player with an empathic, inclusive and understanding approach. You will be willing to work unsociable hours on rare occasions and to travel locally. This role is part of the Emmaus team and you will be working very closely with the Companions, and a team of volunteers.
Please submit your application, to include CV and supporting statement, as soon as possible.
Due to the urgent requirement of this position, please apply without delay