Director of Fundraising
Location: SW London
Charisma is working in partnership with a specialist, national charity that provides some support on the issues of abuse of older people as a single focus to their work. The charity has extensive expertise that is not available from any other charity or agency. Being a multi-disciplinary membership organisation, their members are drawn from health and social care services, regulators, policy makers, academics, and members of the public, including older people, their families and friends. Their primary aim is to prevent the abuse of older people by raising awareness; encouraging education; promoting research; and collecting and disseminating information.
The charity is now seeking an experienced Director of Fundraising whose key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the development and implementation of their 3 year fundraising strategy to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner
- Support their work and development through targeted fundraising activities including trusts & foundations.
- Develop awareness of the charity through legacies, major donors and corporate supporters
- Manage an authorised budget for fundraising
- Line manage the work of the fundraising volunteers
- Maintain the ‘Friends Scheme’ of regular donors
- Deputise for the Chief Executive, as required.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of significant income generation, be capable of implementing the trusts & foundation strategy alongside, ideally, developing income through major donor and legacy marketing. You will be an excellent communicator with strong persuasive skills, be targets and results driven and show flair in your presentation and networking skills. Travel across the UK may be required. Flexible hours and some home working will be considered for the perfect candidate.
To apply for this exciting role, please email@example.com quoting our reference JO1486.
Our client is keen to fill this position as soon as possible, so please apply without delay.