Job Title: Finance Manager
Hours: Flexible 30 Hours per week over 4-5 days
Salary: £40K to £42K (pro-rata for 30 hours pw)
Our client, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation is a registered charity which has built an endowment fund of c.£11.5m. HIWCF also manages grant-making programmes for HM Government, Comic Relief, the Big Lottery, larger charities, local councils and major corporates to support the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people living in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The Foundation is seeking to appoint a new Finance Manager to manage and develop the Foundation’s financial systems, ensure robust financial policies and controls, oversee the IT systems and manage the Foundation’s resources and administration.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant with more than 5 years’ experience in running the financial department of a complex financial services business or a complex charity
- Act as Company Secretary
- Manage DIGITS (Salesforce database of grant-making & donor’s funds)
- Manage the monthly payroll in Sage
- Have a hands-on approach from data entry to dealing with clients and senior figures in partner organisations
- Possess detailed knowledge of accounting and financial IT systems
- At least 2 years’ experience of developing and managing internal control procedures in an audit role or as a Financial Controller
- Expertise in charity accounting, and experience applying the Charity SORP
The post holder will have excellent communication skills and be confident to present financial data at Board level. You will have excellent attention to detail, be able to work on your own initiative, methodically and to strict deadlines. The chosen candidate will be able to demonstrate empathy for the issues and barriers faced by vulnerable people in society and will, ideally, have knowledge of the voluntary and community sector in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Please send your CV and supporting statement to Jenny Warner, Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting reference number JO1407, to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29 August 2017
Interview date: 5 September 2017