Job Title: Global External Affairs Manager
Salary: £40,549 per annum
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
Location: London SE1
We are working in partnership with an international animal welfare charity who are seeking to appoint Global External Affairs Manager This role will work as part of the Global Programme Directorate team, supporting the Senior Manager to define clear and unequivocal messages and use effective tactics to target decision-makers that together with the programme work, make a lasting change to the lives of vulnerable animals.
The post holder will work within a small team and will closely liaise with in-country advocacy officers and consultants, who will be a key source of information and evidence in the development of the global messaging.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in the development and implementation of advocacy strategies
- Experience of local and global advocacy including in-depth knowledge of institutions and processes
- Knowledge/Understanding of local regional and international development issues affecting working animal/livestock/rural and urban poor communities in developing countries including livelihoods and gender
- Analytical skills and ability to write high quality policy papers, briefings and policy submissions
- Experience of working with high-level policy stakeholders
We are seeking an inspiring and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to prioritise and work under their own initiative.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual. If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV in a word document, with a supporting statement to email@example.com quoting our reference JO1488.
Closing date for applications: 16 February 2018
Interview date: TBC