Job Title: Head of Fundraising / Development (Maternity Cover)
Contract: 11 month maternity cover
Staff reports: Two Development Officers, a Fundraising Intern and Fundraising Volunteers
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, very occasional evening/weekend work and occasional travel
We are working in partnership with a fantastic interactive education centre looking to appoint a Head of Fundraising/Development (maternity cover). The charity is currently running a major fundraising campaign and the Head of Fundraising/Development will play a key role in progressing the campaign alongside coordinating fundraising activities for the charity’s rolling programme of projects.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- at least five years of fundraising experience, with success at delivering against financial targets within deadlines and securing six-figure grants
- the ability to network, build and manage high value relationships
- knowledge of philanthropic motivations and current funding trends
- excellent budget management skills and the ability to work effectively with limited resources
- experience and confidence in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
You will be a natural leader and strategist, with the ability to think laterally and to optimise on diverse funding opportunities. An understanding of education, culture and science charities would be an advantage for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. Our client is looking to interview suitable candidates ASAP. To apply please submit your CV (Word document) and supporting statement as soon as possible to email@example.com quoting our reference JO1576.
For any further information, please contact Philippa Bryant, Recruitment Consultant on 01962 813300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1576.
Closing date for applications: ASAP