We are working with a Buckinghamshire dog rehoming centre, who are seeking a new Head of Support Services.The centre has been finding suitable and loving homes for dogs in their care since 1963.The new Head of Support Services you will take pride in providing a first-rate service to uphold the mission of the charity, which includes supporting the Head of Rescue and Rehoming and the Dog Carers whilst they focus on the welfare of the dogs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Significant experience of providing exceptional customer service to visitors, volunteers and stakeholders.
· Strong administrator with the ability to think, understand and respond swiftly and appropriately at al times.
· Experience of managing staff including performance management, recruitment and motivating to get the best out of a team
· Good knowledge across digital platforms promoting and supporting positive engagement
· Flexible attitude and willing to work occasional unsociable hours for the welfare of the dogs and fundraising
· Due to the location of the centre, candidates must have their own transport and have a clean driving licence as there will be occasions to use the centre’s vehicle.
You will act as an ambassador for the charity and role model for the team in conduct, attitude, and standards.Maintain excellent relationships with the general public and all supporters.The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and verbally and be willing to help and cover where needed.Other key elements of the role will be to recruit and run an active volunteer programme as well as bringing new ideas to fundraising activities and make them happen.
This is a role with lots of variety and can be very rewarding.If you feel you have the necessary skills and passion, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
For more information, please contact Sandra Smith, Associate Director at Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com or 01962 813300 quoting reference JO2970. Applications should include your CV and supporting statement.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022
First Interview date with Charity: TBC