We are working in partnership with Sailors’ Society to appoint a Senior Communications Officer.Sailors’ Society is one of the larger and most comprehensive seafarers’ support charities in the world, offering a personal lifeline to seafarers on board ship and in port. The charity also works with families and seafaring communities around the world providing education and healthcare support.
The charity has just launched an exciting new strategy and needs an experienced communications officer to help drive awareness of their work globally.No two days will be the same and you could find yourself tasked with anything from writing a thought leadership piece for LinkedIn to arranging a video shoot in the Philippines.
To be a success in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Build relationships with journalists/media and able to seek out stories that will generate coverage
· An experienced and accurate writer with top spelling and grammar skills
· A highly creative individual, full of ideas
· Experience of appeal and case for support writing
· Organised and knows the importance of deadlines
· Experience of managing press conferences and media interviews
· A team player
· Sympathy with the charity’s origins and values
You will have worked in a communications role for a number of years, ideally in the third sector for a global organisation. Whatever your experience, you’ll be a talented writer armed with excellent media contacts and lots of creative ideas.
For more information, please contact Adam Stacey, Executive Director. Applications should include your CV and supporting statement.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date: 30 September 2021