We are working in partnership with a well-respected, independent, carer-led charity, which works to ensure that all of Hertfordshire’s unpaid carers are recognised, valued and supported. They support adult and young carers and provide information and advice, as well as arranging a variety of ways for carers to work collaboratively with professional staff in a wide range of voluntary and statutory organisations.
They are seeking a Senior Fundraising Officer (maternity cover), to further develop, drive and implement their Fundraising Strategy and Plan, which is aiming to achieve an annual income target of c.£105,000. During this period, the organization will be reviewing its investment in fundraising with the possibility of reshaping the team to further develop the function. The postholder will be managing a programme of work, principally focused on co-ordinating and writing applications to grant-making trusts, but also supporting community fundraising events and Charity of the Year partnerships, as well as delivering and growing an individual giving programme.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
· At least two years’ experience in a fundraising role.
· Experience of securing income through Trusts & Foundations.
· Excellent research, prospecting, proposal/application writing and stewardship skills.
· Experience of using Salesforce or a similar CRM.
· Ability to network, influence, negotiate and form strong and effective relationships.
· Skills in marketing - written, digital, oral – and the ability to identify where techniques are best suited to different audiences.
We are seeking an enterprising, creative and goal-orientated individual, with a 'can-do' attitude and a broad knowledge of innovative fundraising methods and principles. Well-developed people skills, which engage stakeholders and a diverse team of staff and volunteers, is essential.
For more information, please contact Katherine Anderson-Scott, quoting our reference JO2879. Applications should include your CV and supporting statement.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Interview date: 18 August 2021